About this Blog

Welcome! Thanks for checking out On Food Stamps.

I created this blog in 2009 when I began working at the Los Angeles Regional Foodbank. My work at this organization opened my eyes to food justice issues in America, and I had a strong desire to better understand the difficulties many people face when trying to access healthy food on a limited budget. So, I embarked on my own Food Stamp Challenge, living on $31/week as a vegan. I used this blog to chronicle my experience.

While my Food Stamp Challenge project has come to an end, you can see what I learned from it by reading the Greatest Hits posts linked to the right side of the page. Please excuse any out-of-date links, as I am no longer updating this blog on a regular basis.

Stay Hungry,

Julie

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Local Food at LAX? - latimes.com



LAX hopes to give taste buds quite a ride - latimes.com

Posted using ShareThis

6 comments:

  1. Pasta is a great inexpensive food. You can make an exact amount and add a touch of whatever meat, vegetable or seasoning you want. Pasta with olive oil and parmesan or tuna and capers; yummy and nutritious. I learned this when I was in debt on skid row. I now have a blog about how you can change your life around too. I mean really. Check my blog out. And Bon Appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals ever.

    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of Interior asks us to “Please Do Not Feed the Animals.”

    Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

    This ends today's lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got an EBT Card?
    No one should have to feel ashamed about shopping to feed their families with an EBT card. Now you can disguise your ebt card to resemble a classy preferred transaction card and preserve your anonymity while shopping for your family at retailers where your privacy may be at risk or judgement from friends,neighbors,co-workers, or strangers. We have you covered http://ebtcardcovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is certainly a lot to learn about this topic. I love all of the points you made.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hi there mates, how is all, and what you would like to say concerning this
    article, in my view its truly awesome in favor of me.

    Go to his website to discover out more: 오피

    ReplyDelete